- A box. Any material will be right for this: plywood, metal, plastic, compressed wood, fiberboard and even solid carton.
- A lid with openings. Its surface cover must be conducting.
- The very openings.
- Fan. Any air-exhauster with power more than 15watts. Such fans are used for air exhaustion systems in kitchen or bathroom. The brand doesn’t matter.
- Opening for an exhauster in the box.
- Foam bits of 4-5 millimeters in diameter. It is sold in the big sacks in building material stores, it’s called «Betolight». It’s used as a filling compound for concrete while building.
- 7. Power controller for an exhauster.
Demands for a cover and openings
- Thickness of the lid 2-6 mm
- Diameter of openings 1,5-2 mm
- Distance between openings’ centers 5 mm
- A number of openings 30×30
The openings form a grate, they must be straight and without notches.
If dielectric was chosen as a material for a lid, it’s necessary to apply a conducting layer on the surface of the lid (with paint, foil, or to rub the pencil’s graphite in it).
Power controller for an exhauster
A power controller is necessary to change the air flow passing through the openings. Thus a “temperature” of a model substance can be regulated. As a rheostat you can use a high-powered rheostat connected to an electric circuit parallel to an exhauster. Resistance of the rheostat must be 1,5-2 times less than resistance of the exhauster.
Read more about the instrument: